Official COVID-19 Tests for Travel, Workplace and Events
Virtual Antigen Test (TRAg)
You must either have your own test kit, or purchase one from our website for $15 + tax
- Official attestation of results available to your email within 15 minutes
- QR code on all results
- Approved for travel wherever antigen is accepted and to enter Canada
- Authorized by health Canada
- Receipt for insurance claim included upon request
$29.99 + tax
Look below for frequently asked questions if you have any inquiries.
Please check with your airline if Antigen test is accepted. If unsure, it is always safer to receive the PCR test.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is a PCR test?Marcos PharmacyThe PCR test (also known as a Polymerase Chain Reaction test) is a type of test that has been approved by Health Canada which tells us if someone currently has Covid-19. This test is performed using a swab in each nasal cavity for 15 seconds on each side. PCR tests are accepted for all international travel.
2. What is a Rapid Antigen Test?Marcos PharmacyA Rapid Antigen Test (RADT/TRAg) is a viral test that detects specific proteins on the surface of the virus. If you want to take an Antigen test, you must check with your airline to ensure that it is accepted.
3. Which test do I do? When should I do it?Marcos PharmacyYou must check with your airline to find out which test is accepted. If unsure, it is safest to do the PCR test. Additionally, you need to check with your airline to see when you can do the test. Most require the test within 72 hours, however you need to check with your airline first.
4. Who can and should take a PCR test?Marcos PharmacyPCR tests are available if you have not shown any symptoms or been in close contact with someone who has Covid-19 within the past 14 days, and you are travelling outside of Canada. If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms, please visit a Covid-19 assessment centre. You must check with your airline to know how soon before your flight you need to do the test. Additionally, you must do the calculations yourself to determine the best day and time to complete the test. We are happy to assist you in meeting your destination country’s travel clearance requirements.
5. Who can and should take a Rapid Antigen Test?Marcos PharmacyThose who are travelling to destinations that accept the Antigen test are encouraged to double check with their airline that this test is acceptable with them as well. If in the last 14 days you have had no COVID-19 symptoms, zero close contact with someone who has, and haven’t travelled outside of the country, we welcome you to book a Rapid Antigen test with us. If you’re experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please visit a COVID-19 assessment centre.
6. I am fully vaccinated and I want to travel. Do I still need to take a test?Marcos PharmacyYou must check the guidelines of the destination you are going to, and you must check with your airline's requirements. The information for these guidelines is rapidly changing every day, so we recommend keeping yourself up-to-date with the changes leading up to your trip.
7. How do I book my appointment?Marcos PharmacyYou may book your appointment here on our website. When booking, please be ready to provide us with your address, passport number, and health card number (if applicable). By providing us with this information ahead of time, you will help us make the process much easier for you on the day of your test. If you do not have an Ontario health card, you may leave that space blank. You will receive a booking confirmation email once booking is complete (if you cannot find it, please check your junk/spam folder). Payments will only be made when you come in person to do your test.
8. I need to book an appointment for more than one person, how do I do that?Marcos PharmacyIf you have more than one person coming in for a test, please book each person their own appointment. For your convenience, it is recommended that you book your appointments for time slots that are right after each other (for example, 10:00 am and 10:10 am). If you must put two people in the same time block, you will need to use a different email in order for the system to allow it.
9. Do you allow for walk-ins?Marcos PharmacyYes. We allow for people without symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 to come in for walk-ins. You may come in for a test without booking an appointment. We just ask that you please come no later than 5:30 pm Monday to Friday or no later than 1:45 pm Saturday and Sunday, as we will need time to gather your information and complete the paperwork prior to your test. Please be advised that there may be a bit of a wait if you choose not to book an appointment, as there are people who have scheduled their test ahead of time.
10. How much does the PCR test cost?Marcos PharmacyEach PCR test costs $138.99 + tax. You may pay using either cash, debit, Visa, or Mastercard.
11. How much does the Rapid Antigen Test cost?Marcos PharmacyEach Antigen test costs $58.99 + tax. You may pay using either cash, debit, Visa, or Mastercard.
12. How long will it take for me to receive my test results?Marcos PharmacyYou will receive your PCR results via email within 18-36 hours. However, the majority of the results will be sent to you in the morning the day after you do your test. (Please note every effort will be made for a 18-36 hours turnaround time; however, we cannot guarantee this time frame due to limitations outside of our control. If our sample shipment experiences delays due to weather or unforeseen issues at customs, we may be able to refund your booking fees, but cannot be held responsible for any additional travel costs that may be incurred to rescheduled or cancelled flights. Attempting to travel during COVID-19 is a risk and we sincerely promise to do the best we can to get you to your destination). Results for the Antigen test take 10-15 minutes, so we ask that you wait outside during this period of time.
13. How will I get my test results?Marcos PharmacyYour PCR results will be sent to you by email. If you would like us to print you a hard copy of your results, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you. For Antigen results, you will receive only a physical paper copy of your results that is stamped and signed by one of our pharmacists.
14. Do you have QR Codes?Marcos PharmacyYes, we offer QR Codes upon request. Please let our staff know when you come in for your test that you require one and we will be happy to provide one on your results.
15. How can I get an invoice to send to my insurance company?Marcos PharmacyIf you need a detailed invoice for insurance purposes, please let us know while you are paying for your tests and we will print an invoice for you that includes the date, our pharmacy information, your information, and the details of your purchase. If there are any additional or specific details you need on your invoice, just let us know and we will add those for you as well. You will need to check with your insurance company to see if they will reimburse you, we do not have that information ourselves.
16. What happens if I need to reschedule or cancel my appointment?Marcos PharmacyIf you are unable to attend your appointment for any reason, you can use the link provided in your confirmation email to cancel the appointment. If you would like to reschedule your appointment, please cancel your original one and rebook for the new date and time.
17. Where are you located?Marcos PharmacyWe are located at 374 Lakeshore Road East in Mississauga, Ontario L5G 1H5. The nearest intersection is Lakeshore Road and Shaw Drive, and we are in the same plaza as Metro. Free parking is available on site for your convenience.
How It Works
Please note every effort will be made for a 18-36 hours turnaround time; however, we cannot guarantee this timeframe due to limitations outside of our control. If our sample shipment experiences delays due to weather or unforeseen issues at customs, we may be able to refund your booking fees, but cannot be held responsible for any additional travel costs that may be incurred to rescheduled or cancelled flights. Attempting to travel during COVID-19 is a risk and we sincerely promise to do the best we can to get you to your destination.