Marcos Pharmacy2021-09-28T13:50:35-04:00Travel medicine is the protection of travelers before departure against travel-related health hazards like infectious diseases, jet lag, altitude illness, scuba diving medicine and much more. This includes health advice, vaccination, prophylactics and self-treatment medications.
2. Can I pay with a debit or credit card ?
Marcos Pharmacy2021-09-28T13:50:12-04:00Yes. We accept debit and major credit cards, including VISA, Mastercard and American Express.
3. Do you have the yellow fever vaccine?
Marcos Pharmacy2023-02-04T13:43:33-05:00Yes. Marcos Travel Clinic is a designated Yellow Fever Center by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
4. Do you have vaccines on site?
Marcos Pharmacy2021-09-28T13:49:05-04:00Yes. We carry all the vaccines on site.
5. Do you sell have travel health products ?
Marcos Pharmacy2021-09-28T13:48:37-04:00Yes. We have mosquito repellents, bite treatment creams, mosquito bed nets and many other preventative products available for sale at a reasonable price.
6. Is this service covered by OHIP?
Marcos Pharmacy2021-09-28T13:47:55-04:00No. OHIP does NOT cover travel medicine or travel vaccines
7. What do I need to bring with me during my appointment?
Marcos Pharmacy2021-09-28T13:46:18-04:00A list of any medications you take from your pharmacy and your immunization record.
8. When do I need to book my appointment for a travel consult?
Marcos Pharmacy2021-09-28T13:45:38-04:004-6 weeks before departure. Most vaccines need time to boost your immune system and sometimes you need a few shots of certain vaccines spaced over few weeks.
9. Do you provide direct billing to my insurance for vaccinations and medications?
Marcos Pharmacy2023-02-04T13:53:31-05:00Yes, we provide direct billing to your private insurance. We can also give you a formal receipt after each visit with the DIN that you submit to your insurance if they require you to do so manually.