TD (Tetanus and Diphtheria)
In a regular clinic, these vaccines are costly and you need to pay cash upfront for them. However, through our travel clinic, we can bill insurance directly and save you money upfront.
What is TD?
Tetanus, which is also known as lockjaw, is an infection that affects the nerves that are in control of your muscles. Diphtheria is caused by a bacterium which destroys healthy tissue in the respiratory system.
What are the symptoms?
The symptoms of Tetanus include:
- Jaw cramping
- Involuntary muscle tightening (often in the stomach)
- Painful body stiffness
- Trouble swallowing
- Fever and sweating
- Changes in blood pressure and fast heart rate
The symptoms of Diphtheria include:
- Thick grey-white coating at the back of your throat
- A fever of 38
- Feeling sick
- Swollen glands in your neck
- Difficulty breathing and swallowing