1. What is travel medicine?Marcos PharmacyTravel medicine is the protection of travelers before departure against travel-related health hazards like infectious diseases, jet lag, altitude illness, scuba diving medicine and much more. This includes health advice, vaccination, prophylactics and self-treatment medications.
2. Can I pay with a debit or credit card ?Marcos PharmacyYes. We accept debit and major credit cards, including VISA, Mastercard and American Express.
3. Do you have the yellow fever vaccine?Marcos PharmacyYes. Burlington Travel Clinic is a designated Yellow Fever Center by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
4. Do you have vaccines on site?Marcos PharmacyYes. We carry all the vaccines on site.
5. Do you sell have travel health products ?Marcos PharmacyYes. We have mosquito repellents, bite treatment creams, mosquito bed nets and many other preventative products available for sale at a reasonable price.
6. Is this service covered by OHIP?Marcos PharmacyNo. OHIP does NOT cover travel medicine or travel vaccines
7. What do I need to bring with me during my appointment?Marcos PharmacyA list of any medications you take from your pharmacy and your immunization record.
8. When do I need to book my appointment for a travel consult?Marcos Pharmacy4-6 weeks before departure. Most vaccines need time to boost your immune system and sometimes you need a few shots of certain vaccines spaced over few weeks.
9. Will I be reimbursed?Marcos PharmacyMost likely. Most drug plans and health insurance will reimburse the vaccine expenses. We will give you a formal receipt after each visit with the DIN that you have to submit to your insurance. For DINs of common vaccines, click here.